Monday, May 11, 2009

Party Time!

Saturday was McKenna's birthday and we had a great day. In the morning we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Houdeks for breakfast. Then we came home and the kids took naps. Later in the day we had a BBQ with friends and family. McKenna loved being the center of attention. Here are some pictures from her party.
We had been singing Happy Birthday to McKenna all week so she could get used to it and the last few days she would sing it herself. This is what I found the morning of her birthday. Her and Daddy laying on the couch singing Happy Birthday. I think it is adorable!


I made two cakes because there was a lot of people at her party. Elmo was yellow and the other one was chocolate.

We had hamburgers and hotdogs with chips and salad. My mom made homemade root beer.


McKenna had lots of fun opening presents. Except for the fact that I kept taking them away when she was done so she could open another one. She wanted to play with her cool new stuff.






Thank you Nana and Papa! (from McKenna)

She got a little nervous when the flames got too close.

We gave McKenna Elmo's eyeball.

Elmo after McKenna


One of the toys she got was a bubble blower and she loved to chase the bubbles!
All in all I think McKenna had a good birthday. She sure has lots of people that love her.


McKenna has been putting on her own shoes lately and when I saw this I had to post it.


David is so smart. He turned nine months old last week and about two weeks ago he started signing "more". Whenever he is in his chair and I give him cheerios he eats them and when they are gone, this is what I see.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have my two kids. I love them with all my heart and they make me smile everyday!


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Awesome job on the cake. Mckenna is very lucky to have you as a mom.

Becca said...

Very cute pics! Your kids are so lucky to have such a talented mom. I could never make those cakes! I hope you enjoyed mother's day! We really need to get together sometime.

Hollie said...

How cute and fun! They grow up so fast....

Scott and Tamara said...

Beautiful Job on the cakes! Great pictures. They are truly blessed to have you two as parents. Give them love from Nana and Papa